Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goat Milk and More

I hear goat milk is good for you. I bought some. You know how pheasant (or any wild animal) tastes a little gamey? Well, goat milk tastes like......crap. It's so gross. It has this overwhelming flavor of "stink" that no amount of Nestle Quick can cover. I've tried. If it didn't have a flavor I might be able to get over it, but all I can picture is a dirty old goat being milked. And who milks a goat anyway? It's like milking a cat. Sick. Why? No. Wrong. This guy at work told me that in India they milk water buffalo; that the milk has the highest level of vitamin D and calcium. Um. No. Don't think I'll be trying that one either even if it was available in the US. I think it's cow or nothing for me. Like I said; I tried.


In other successful news my friend and I signed up for rock climbing classes. We go to Vertical Endeavors in St. Paul. A few months ago I thought I might rock climbing. Actually, I think I like the body of rock climbers. Lean, muscular. With that image in mind I DEFINITELY want to be a rock climber. After a few attempts at a more difficult spot on the wall (more difficult for a non-climber) I tried an easier spot. I made it all the way to the top. I loved it. I still felt like I was tough, using all my muscle groups but also it felt achievable. I much prefer something a little easier to climb than only being 4 feet off the ground and getting stuck. Can't wait for this class next week! Plus, it's only $15/day. Plus you have to rent the harness, shoes and caribeener (sp?) but that's minimal. I suppose it's like a day of snowboarding.

Speaking of snowboarding, I'm dying to go!! Haven't been yet this year, and I'm going to go at least once before January closes. Better hurry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em! Love this post! I've been thinking about trying goat milk, but now I think I'll pass ;o) Lately I've been making smoothies with almond milk, which is pretty low cal and full of nutrients.

PS I have a harness and carabiner you could borrow.

~Karen