Saturday, January 2, 2010

14 Days of Classes: Day 1 (really)

This morning I got up at 7am to go to Barbell Strength which started at 8. I didn't know what to expect from the gym parking lot or the class so I showed up a solid 25 minutes early. Course I parked right away and walked right in. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that it was 11 below 0! Good. Weed out the slackers. I can't say that with any conviction though because more often than not I am that slacker.

The class started out with a million and two squats. With weights and stuff. And everything on my body was shaking. I must have registered at least a 5.0 on the Richter. It was good though. I'll definitely be trying this class again because it worked all of my muscle groups. By the end even though we moved on to different muscle groups, my body was just tired so even the triceps at the end were difficult. She gave us a pretty compact yet solid ab workout in the last 5 minutes too.

I'm so stiff already. But as I said, it was good.

1 comment:

SueBob said...

Wow, 14 days straight? of classes? Many of which you have never been to? That sounds like a bunch of sore muscles to me!! Good luck & Keep us updated, I will be following you to see if which classes you like/dislike for future reference...