Monday, January 11, 2010

14 Days of Classes: Day 7 and Day 8

This is my report for classes on days 7 and 8 of my challenge. If you are following along at home you will notice that the days aren't adding up. That's because on Friday, I went to no class. It was nice to stay home.

On Saturday I went to the club and ran 1.5 miles. I think the best way to get back into running is to just run. Novel idea I know. But I don't need a plan yet, I don't need a rigorous schedule. I need to get my body back in the habit of running 3-4 times a week whatever the distance. If I can fit in a run or two this week with my class schedule I will, otherwise I'm going to lighten the class load next week and pick up running again. All I'm going to commit to is scheduling 3-4 runs a week. No particular distance, just go with it but get back in the groove. I can worry about distances in February.

After my light run, I went to Bruce's Core class again. I'm keeping this one in my routine for sure. My core is one thing that is so important to everything else in my body and the one thing I neglect more than anything else.

Sunday I had a choice between Bruce's cycle class or yoga & meditation. I thought I probably could use the cardio workout, but I chose yoga & meditation. And it was HEAVENLY! The poses feel so good, it's just one big giant stretching class with relaxation afterwards. A very nice addition to a Sunday along with church and some good coffee.

So while I don't have any new classes to report on from the weekend it was nice to be at the gym. It's not quite as busy so I like it better. Tonight, I am going to try for a new experience at 6PM.

No comments: