Thursday, January 7, 2010

14 Days of Classes: Day 5

Stage 1: Excitement
Stage 2: Focus
Stage 3: Doubt
Stage 4: Anger
Stage 5: Acceptance

Before I began this challenge I was really excited. I thought it sounded like such a great idea. As I stepped into the first class I was focused. Ready to give my body a well needed workout. After the second class, I wasn't sure I could keep up this daily classes schedule. Going into Day 5 I was angry. Angry at the gym for allowing too many people, angry with the people for getting in my way, angry with myself for thinking up this stupid idea. I was so sore and so tired and so ready to quit.

But I went to The MIXX last night. Line out the door just to enter the gym. NO LOCKERS. I had to lug all my stuff into the classroom. 30 people waiting outside the class to get in when the current class finished. Despite my attitude I went in. I gave a half hearted attempt to keep up. In fact performance has been on a steady decline since the spin class. It was NOT one of those times, where I finish and was glad I went.

Then I woke up this morning starting to feel a little better. My body doesn't ache as much and I think I have moved through the worst and am on my second wind. Who would have thunk it! I'm ready again to work hard.

I'll recap yesterday's class a little. The MIXX with my fave instructor Katie. Again, she never ceases to blow my mind with the shape that she is it. Incredible energy! The MIXX is part kickboxing, part dance, part step. Really, it's a lot of jumping and punching and moving back and forth. It was a lot of high intensity repetition; not the most exciting moves, but with Katie and the music she plays, the time passes quickly.

Hopefully the hardest (mental) part is over. I'm looking forward to Medetation Yoga on Sunday!

1 comment:

SueBob said...

From the classes you have been taking, I am guessing that you go to Lifetime? I am at the St Louis Park location 3-4 days a week...which location do you go to?