Tuesday, January 12, 2010

14 Days of Classes: Day 9, 10 and ?

I forgot. While the blogging fell to the wayside, the workouts continued. I forgot how I finished out my week. I think I only got in 12 classes but I did have fun and found some classes that I will go back to(at the SLP Lifetime). Those classes include STRIKE! which is a program developed by Everlast. High intensity, muscle building. Fun. Core I loved on Saturday's and Sundays. Even Studio Ride on an occasional Sat/Sun I would do. And the first class I did on Saturday morning January 2nd - 8AM barbell strength. Those were my faves.

I'm ready to begin running again, but I don't know how to get back into it. The simple answer is: run. Novel concept. So yes, I need to just start already. 2 miles here and there on the treadmill, 4 outside on a Saturday would at least be a start. I'm planning my next race to be the Minneapolis 1/2 Marathon on June 6th. Not too much pressure yet. I vacillate between setting goals to slowly build my miles, starting with nothing too intimidating or just committing to run 3-4 days a week and see where that gets me. It's clear that I do need a plan, but is my 3-4 day commitment enough. I don't want to hate running and feel disappointed by not getting my 15 miles in or whatever. I need a little less conversation, a lot more action.

No comments: