Monday, January 11, 2010

14 Days of Classes: Day 6 Supplement

I forgot about Day 6. I went to a class called Fluid Strength. It was a light workout, although I'm a firm believer that if something is light, you can always make it harder for yourself or you just aren't doing it right. Take pilates. Half the time when I thought something was easy, I discovered I wasn't doing it right. Do it right, it's tough. Anyway, it was low impact and most of the moves were sweeping side to side lunge type things that just killed my left knee. It was painful. I'm sure if I could have gotten into the position more, it would have been a better workout.

The class consisted of several series of postured and poses (mostly yoga) repeated in fluid flowing movements. I would go to this class again if I wanted a gentle cardio workout in the 'fat burning' zone. It wasn't one of my favorites, nor will I be attending regularly. But as always, it was good to experience.

1 comment:

*jen* said...

I love your challenge...nothing like variety to spice up the new year. :)I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the classes!