Friday, July 31, 2009

Missed it byyyyyyyyyyy......THAT MUCH!

My first 100 mile month will have to wait until next month. I opted to rest on Wednesday instead of run. Yesterday, I did 6.5 which puts me at 96.5 miles for the month. I know I said I wouldn't leave it that close, but I think I must. Tomorrow I am going to attempt 15 miles. Which to me, sounds like I might as well be saying I'm attempting a triple twirl half flip spiral pike on a tight rope with no net. It will take focus, concentration and nerves of steel!

Last week I chose to get the extra miles in the day before my long run, but that was a long run of 10 miles. And 3 super easy, slow miles wouldn't hurt I didn't think. And they didn't. But given the general condition of my legs today, I know the wise choice is to rest up and hopefully be a little more prepared for the run tomorrow. I'll still get in over 30 miles for the week and that is another first. What is the general condition of my legs? They are tired. They are a little sore. Mr. Right Quad feels like it is strained, on the verge of a pulled muscle, but doesn't hurt quite as much. Mrs. Left Hammy send shooting pains down through the back of my leg every once in a while. Like it needs to be stretched out real good or something. I've been stretching, foam rollering, resting. I hope that is all enough. I feel like I need one really good rest to regain strength. But I guess that is the point of marathon training, you have to train your body to work without a lot of rest because there isn't going to be a lot of opportunity for rest come race day. Fatigue will set in and I'll have to know how to keep going despite that feeling.


I'm looking forward to tomorrow though. It's a route I know. I'm getting my Megan Muffins tonight (aka - Great Harvest Oatbran Fruit Muffins). I'm going to be early after watching a movie. I'll probably have Punch Pizza. All arrows point towards success at the moment!

1 comment:

MissAllycat said...

1) You changed your feed, yes! I was able to read the whole thing in Google Reader. YAY!

2) You're rested and ready to ROCK. You're going to have a kick-ass long run!

3) I totally forgot to mention - remember that guy that we ran with from Lifetime at the "National Run Day" thing? I ran into him on the Chisago course at mile 10. We chatted for about a mile, and then I passed him. :)

Good luck tomorrow!!