Thursday, July 23, 2009

Starting to Feel It

I'm training for my first marathon and I'm starting to feel it in more ways than one. The good way is that I really feel like I am having fun and enjoying my running. I don't mind getting out there knowing that the time I spend now will really pay off later. It's been a great summer weather wise - not too hot/windy/rainy. As long as I am healthy, everyday is a good day for a run.


But I can also feel it in my body. Last week I was so excited that I ran 28 miles - by far my most ever. I'm going for week two of upper 20's running and I can feel it. One week was good, but maintaining it week after week? Well, it will get better, but in the first few weeks my legs are putting up some resistance. I've noticed that my individual runs have included more walk breaks and have been on the short end of the spectrum. I'm looking forward to just 10 miles for a long run this week.


In other marathon news I am signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon and way more excited about it than I thought I would be! This means I am signed up for TCM on 10/4 and Des Moines Marathon 10/18. Ha! Technically, I am entered in both, but will not be doing the full marathon in Des Moines. I'm changing my entry to the 1/2. So October will consist of two 1/2 marathons and a full, followed by November which will consist of sofa lounging and neighborhood strolls with the dog. And Thanksgiving which I LOVE.

No comments: