Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blog-worthy?

I haven't been doing anything really blog worthy lately. Well, nothing that I have wanted to express or talk about. Last week I ran 21 miles, which was the first 20 mile week of 2009! Felt good about that. This week should be 20 also even though I skipped out on my run last night. I shouldn't be doing that. I need to get every run in that I have scheduled and be consistent.

A few things my coaches in the running group said that stuck with me. The goal of the marathon (for most of us) is running the whole thing without slowing down. Also, at this point in the game they said it's how much time you dedicate to running not necessarily the miles. Just get out there and pound the pavement so your body builds all of the good scientific things it needs to run for 5 hours. I like to think that I should be enjoying this time. It's laid back, and I'm just trying to go and go and go. I don't have to push yet, I'm still building. For some reason that seems easier to me. It's not really. 10 miles is still 10 miles, but mentally it seems more relaxed.

This Saturday is the triathlon. It should be fun again! I don't think I'm going to do much better than last year like I aspired to, but again I stress, it should be fun! Only thing is, I will miss another long run, which kind of bothers me. I'm a rules girl. If my coach or plan says 12 miles, I do 12 miles for fear that in 3 months from now, at mile 18 I'll have a complete break down because I ran a triathlon plus 17 miles (over the week) instead of a 12 miler. I'm afraid of 'losing it'. And one thing about running I've found is that if you follow the plan, you'll finish the race(barring injury). Since this is what I know, I follow the plan and stress when I don't.

Yesterday, I was kind of having a crummy day, which is probably why I didn't run. Even though I am 100% sure that running would have helped my mood I didn't go. It takes effort to get out of a bad mood. Sadly, sometimes it easier to just wallow, and then that wallowing is just fed by the fact that you aren't doing anything to make it better. Today is a little better but I have a run with the group tonight so no chance of wallowing. It should be good actually.

No comments: