Monday, July 13, 2009

Confessions of a Good Intentions Runner

Maybe if I put it in writing I'll feel better. I didn't do a long run this weekend. Ok? There. I also did not do a short run. I competed in a triathlon and that was it. Which was challenging. But it wasn't a long run. I only ran 14 miles this week and it should have been over 20.

I did enjoy the break. I rested. Got tons of house work done. Read magazines and my book. Walked the dog. Napped. All enjoyable!

But the guilt.......oh the guilt. Because mostly - I JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT. And that can't be a valid excuse when training for a marathon. Or any race that you want to do well in really.

So what's a girl to do? Get back on the plan and make sure weeks like this happen very infrequently. And when they do happen, like if I miss a run, I better consciously make the decision and then enjoy the choice. For the rest of the summer I've got nothing to do but run.

Guilt free. I shall think of it no more and look forward to an awesome running week!

1 comment:

Chad said...

Hmm, you never know who you'll find blogging. Congrats on finishing your first triathlon.