Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Fun: Part II

The kickball season is officially over. We lost our final game so were eliminated from the playoffs early on. But I got to play 3rd base and caught a few fly balls. I think I improved this season. I can't believe it's the middle of June. We had such cold weather for so long that I feel like summer just got here finally. I am hoping this means that since we got cheated out of early heat, it will stick around long into.....October? Maybe? Please? I think I am going to sign up for the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon in December which means training in October and November. Not typically good training weather. I complained so much training for the Earth Day 1/2 in February because of weather, but I'm optimistic. Nothing a few new cold weather training outfits can't cure I'm sure :)

But on to the 2nd 1/2 of summer.

Looks like we will finally be getting out to the lake at the end of June. I think I will probably try to water ski again if given the opportunity. I got up last year once for a good run but it ended in a painful fall with water in painful places. You know, I guess that is how most of my 'seasons' end. With one painful fall and I'm out until next year. See:
Snowboarding. At least I keep trying.

I'll be 30 in August in case you haven't read about it in the papers yet. 8/8/08 to be exact. Of course there will be a party. Fun! I'm working on composing my "I'm turning 30" thoughts as we speak.

Let's see. Softball will start this Thursday. I think I like that better than kickball. It's more of a real sport. The fun thing about that is, I decided to bike to the games. It's about 8.5 miles (one way) and paved path the whole way. It's going to be an easy way to get at least one of my rides in.

I've done a few more combo workouts where you bike and then run right away. The first 5 minutes of running always sucks, but then it gets somewhat better. It's not my lungs, it's my legs that need the rest by then so if I can take it slow and get into a groove, I'll be A-OK. But man, are my legs reluctant to start.

I need to practice my golf swing this week as I am going out with work people for the first round next week. I'll do that this weekend. It should be nice.

Then we have camping, Twins games, parties.......I'm full!

I've said it before: I need a sponsor so I can just train and practice all week long. Can't I be like the poster child for average or something? A role model to all girls of what they could do if they just put 1/4 of their energy into something. Well, if you hear of anybody looking for that type of girl, send my name their way.

No comments: