Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Official

I'm turning 30 and having a party! The invitations are going in the mail. I'm so excited. I'm excited/happy to be having a birthday. I mean yeah getting older takes adjusting to as the years pass, but it's inevitable and I'm glad to be here today. Isn't my mom amazing? She made all 50 invitations!














As I was putting each invitation in the envelope I was imagining what the party would be like. Then I would flip the envelope over after I sealed it to see who it was going to. I would think "Oh, I really love those guys" and "They are such great people" (I said that about every single one) and then I would picture them having fun and laughing.

It's not really about me. I say not really because it is to some extent right, but the point is that I love when all my family is together even more. It's bigger than celebrating me. Having everyone together and laughing and just being a family is beyond amazing. I observe the dynamics of the relationships and think "I know these people; they are my people" The love and support we have for each other pulses when we are all together. It's great. So yeah, my birthday is just an excuse for me to get what I really want on my birthday and that is a great family gathering. Like when I was a kid and summer was carefree and fun.

I'm so excited!!!

No comments: