Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where are the Parents?

Today I have to fill out my medical insurance forms. I have to estimate how sick I am going to be for the next year in order to fill out my flex spending deductions.


I need to call and reschedule a reservation I made.

I need to call about getting reimbursed for a co-pay that I wasn't supposed to pay.

I need to figure out what I want to do about the hail damage on my car. Probably this will involve a phone call too.

I need to turn in my claims from the previous year to get reimbursed from my flex spending account.

I need to pay my renter's insurance and car insurance.

And I ask, at times like these where are the parents who do all this for you? I don't like being an adult. This part is not fun. I'm nearly 30 and I still think "Responsibility - BLECK!!! Who needs it". I don't have time for this stuff between my kickball schedule and my swim lessons. I barely have time for my grown-up job that enables me to live my superstar lifestyle.

I want all the freedom and none of the responsibility. Like Paris Hilton.

1 comment:

*jen* said...

Amen. Apart from 1. Being able to drink 2. Collecting a paycheck and 3. Being able to drive, adulthood is for the birds.

I hope to be wealthy enough one day to hire a personal assistant. And a masseuse. And a driver. And a personal chef.