Thursday, April 17, 2008

In Other New

My goal for April was to catch up with friends. I made a list of who I wanted to call, who I wanted to email and how often I was going to communicate with them (at minimum). So far I have to say, I’m not doing so well. I’ve only emailed 2 people and I have a much longer list of people to call. It’s strange. I want to talk to these people, I care about what is going on in their lives, but sometimes it just seems like I shouldn’t start a conversation unless I have about 2 hours open in case we go that long. Seems very rude to say “Look – I’ve only got 10 minutes because I’m very busy, but I wanted to get you called”. Then again if we talked more frequently for shorter intervals maybe I wouldn’t need such a big block of time. I still have 2 weeks (I’m giving myself until May 3rd) so if you are reading this and you haven’t heard from me in a while, consider this your warning.

As if I wasn’t nervous enough about planning for the race, not to mention actually running it, I have to give my 6th speech on Friday morning. I feel like I have gotten to a point where I can whip out these speeches no problem. Well there is one problem; whipping them out doesn’t help me become a better communicator. I’m just spinning my wheels and wasting my time by doing so. I’m really going to focus as much as I can to practice and improve on this one. Even if it is last minute.

Kickball is starting tonight. Yes – it’s an adult league. How fun, huh? My uncle once said to me “Yeah – I’m thinking about joining a hide and seek league myself”. Hardy har har. It’s a whole other group of friends to hang out with. It’s fun to be involved in stuff.

And that’s the other news in a nutshell.

No comments: