Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Swimming, biking and running oh my!

Why is it that when you are on a bike you are always going into the wind no matter which way you turn? Ug. Today was the first official bike ride. It was only 20 minutes and supposed to be at a high cadence, but I'm not sure what that means so I just tried to go fast. Fast=15 mph. I ended up going about 5.2 miles in about 22 minutes. It was alright I guess. I can see where biking for an hour and then running for a 1/2 hour is going to be a challenge. Well good - I didn't sign up for a cake walk.

Yesterday's swim seemed easy enough, but I am headed back to the pool tonight to try some technique drills. Without an instructor this is going to be kind of hard to really improve on my efficiency, but it's worth a try. I am hoping to just be able to increase my endurance for swimming and get stronger.

My run on Tuesday wasn't really worth mentioning. 3 miles - eh done. Thursday I am going to do some interval training on a hill. I would like to keep my weekly mileage between 15 and 20 miles per week. Actually, I probably won't ever hit 20 but I'll pretend I am being restrictive for training sake. As if I didn't have a ceiling I would go hog wild and accidentally run 60 miles one week. It could happen.......

This is a side note: I never, not ever spell 'challenge' correctly. I always spell it challAnge and good ol' spellchecker always corrects me.

No comments: