Friday, April 18, 2008

The Eye of the Storm

Ah – the taper week. A final week of rest. A time to bask in the glory that has been the training thus far; to reflect on how far you have come. And to worry that by not running your usual mileage you will somehow lose everything you have painstakingly built up. At least I do. Experience should tell me that this is not true, but habits are hard to break.

I'm eerily calm today. I’m ready to run.


Pain is my privilege. I am tremendously fortunate to have the body and the mind to be able to run. I’ll have family and friends there to cheer me on and many more supporting me in thought. Their presence and support are sources of strength for me. I hope I make them proud.

Inspiration Ally:

“By perseverance the snail reached the ark.” - Charles Haddon Spurgeon


(This is not an indirect slam towards myself about speed, just a good quote)

“You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.” – Marian Wright Edelman

And a favorite of mine:

"Success is my only mother*$&#) option, failures not.......Feet fail me not, this may be the only oppourtunity that I got." - EMINEM


No comments: