Thursday, February 12, 2009

Me and the Metrodome

I have loved going to the Metrodome since my first trip to see the Twins play. I think it was the crowd. Coming from a town of 150 people in South Dakota, I had never seen so many people at once. It was a big deal to go to a Twins game. A real treat. I've been to Twins games, I've been to a Vikings game. I was on the big jumbo tron once. I've huddled inside on a brisk morning waiting for the start of the TC 10 Mile, and I've been blown out the door several times because of the air pressure holding up the dome roof. That's a fun part. I've seen N*Sync there, and a monster truck jam, accidently walked into the men's room and even ran around and around for exercise. And now, last night, I went rollerblading there.

This was a big deal because since I was a little girl I've thought about how fun it would be to rollerskate around the dome. It has flat seamless (well almost) floors and it goes on for miles. At least it seemed like miles when I was a kid. Turns out 2.5 laps is a mile, but whatever. Well it was what I had always dreamed. So much fun. So much room! I've know you could do this for a while, but this was the first time I tried it. I love going to the Metrodome. I recommend rollerblading there during the winter.


As far as a workout update goes, I did do the rollerblading obviously. And last night I went for a run. Did the scheduled 2 miles. Did not get in the yoga I had in mind. I did about 10 minutes and called it a day.

I'll round of the week after work tonight with the Head to Toe and 10-20 minutes of cardio, then head out to meet some friends in Uptown.

Side comment, I do love the dome, but the new stadium look FANTASTIC! Can't wait to watch the Twins there.

No comments: