Friday, February 6, 2009

A Proper Rebuttal

My best friend Tara is coming to visit this weekend from New Mexico to help with wedding stuff. Mostly I think this will consist of a lot of shopping. I'm really looking forward to some time alone though. Those days of being carefree teens and young adults are far behind us. We're both at great spots in our lives with great spouses/fiances and families, but sometimes, a girl needs her friends. I do have amazing friends. I'm just specifically talking about her becauase these girl times come few and far between these days.

She posted some memories in her blog yesterday about things she "remembers". Ok. So they are true, but I only punched her because we were punching each other. You know. For practice. Here are some things I remember.

1. Her response to me wanting to cut my (loooooong) hair "I think we could just braid it and cut at the base." We did. And, no. You can not.
2. Going for walks on our well beaten "trath" during an OAFC retreat.
3. Her lending me paper in Algebra III & Trig after I ran out mid-semester and refused to restock because I was a senior and didn't think it was worth it.
3a. Our 5 minute homework assignments in said math class.
4. The time at Subway when we opened one Sunday and the owner walked in and found us in the back room sitting on the floor eating a bag of Cheetos.
5. And her rushing in a panic around the Subway store when I gashed my finger open to find the first aid. She yelled "I'll save you!!!"

And many more.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just now seeing this. Too funny!

Also funny how you didn't mention WHY you gashed your finger... your secret is safe with me :)