Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Appointment

Yes. It was the day I've been waiting for. The day of the appointment for my dress alteration. I was so excited to get to the place and put the dress back on. I love wearing that dress. I just can't believe how much I love wearing it. One day will not be enough time in that dress.

Did it fit? Did I lose the weight?

Yes and no. It fit like it did when I bought it, but that's as good as it got. It didn't fit any better. But ok. No problem. It looks good on now. I still have 7 weeks left and any amount of weight I lose will just be icing. I have two more appointments for alterations which is weird because they really aren't doing that much but I guess you have to go back in to make sure what they did do is ok and then they finish it up. That just means that I have two more appointments to use as milestones and two more reasons why I have to put my dress back on. I'll probably wear it to clean the toilets and fold laundry in it after we are married.

I've felt good this week because I scheduled workouts and I did them. Amazing how simple that is yet I struggle with it all the time. Why do I complicate things so. Our egos get in the way of what should be the easiest of concepts with over analysis, emotion, judgement and doubt. I've got to shut myself up at times and focus.

No comments: