Monday, February 16, 2009

Wedding Stuff

I bought my fiance a wedding ring on Saturday. On Valentine's Day. What a great experience. I find myself getting emotional over all kinds of random things. I cried when he tried on the tux jacket. I cry in church at various moments when I think about our wedding happening there. And I teared up when we found "The Ring" for him. There are so many moments that just feel right when you know you are making the right decision or found the right thing at the meaning behind everything. And those moments just hit me like a ton of bricks. Sometimes I just look at him and get that flood of emotion because I know things are so very right and the magnitude of it all is overwhelming.


We have registered, we have all the important professionals hired. We have a cast. Shoes, dress, hair stuff and veil, appointments - all done. Invitations sent (RSVP coming back!), thank you cards at the ready and we both have rings. There doesn't seem to be much to this wedding planning thing. Maybe we are having a simple wedding. It feels kind of simple - but that's good. That's how we want it.

Seven weeks until the big day. Seven. It seems like an eternity. Ok - exaggeration, I know. But I want to be married. I don't want to have to leave at the end of a good day and go back to my apartment. I don't want to have to wonder if I left my book at his place or spend the day painting one place just to go home a clean another. Just one life. That's what I want. All in good time. It's coming I know, but the kid in me says "NOW!!!", amongst other things.

We are doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7 weeks!!?! I can't believe it. Can't wait to see you again. You are doing GREAT at all of this wedding stuff. GS.