Tuesday, February 3, 2009

5K Training Day 1

Today I got to work and, ug; I look stupid. And the morning started off so well. I reluctantly got out of bed after wondering if Allison would believe that I over slept because of an alarm malfunction. I decided that would be deceitful. So we did make it to the gym and I ran two miles. I’m on an official 5k training plan starting today. Turns out I can in fact run 2 miles continuously, even on a treadmill. I probably could go more, but I like the idea of easing back into it. I have the time and I am enjoying it so why rock the boat. It’s not like the 5k is in 2 weeks.

Getting back to why I look stupid. I’m wearing smart navy pants and a soft ivory turtle neck with delicate buttons on the sleeve for the perfect understated accent. My hair is pulled back into a tidy ponytail and my makeup is subtle with warm brown tones. When I stand in one spot I look put together. When I walk on the other hand. My pants are a little on the short side and I wore mules I guess you call them. I also wore ivory trouser socks with the shoes and it just looks stupid when I walk. It’s sort of the Michael Jackson effect with black pants and white socks. And that fact that I look stupid caught me completely off guard. I left the house thinking all was well. I guess that makes it even more disappointing. I hate when I do that. Then I feel uncomfortable all day. Well, at least until lunch.

1 comment:

miss petite america said...

omg. stuff like that happens to me all the time. mainly because i run out of time in the morning and just have to put on something, even if it's not what i'm looking for!