Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dome Running

Last night I went to the metrodome to run. I've been wanting to try this for a while now. It's nice actually. You pay your dollar and can run as long as you want around and around the dome from 5-7pm. It's safe. It's warm (but not too warm). It's got a nice concrete floor that you don't have to worry about tripping on and there is plenty of stuff to look at on the walls.

Only problem?

It made me want a hot dog, real bad! I don't think it actually smelled like a hot dog in there, but whenever I am at the dome it does. During Twins games it smells like hot dogs and nachos and popcorn and beer and....YUM. I couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful concessions!

70 laps will yield 26.2 miles. SEVENTY LAPS! Yiy. I did 11. That was 4.35. Which is practically 13.1. I'm so ready for this 1/2! (I'm psyching myself out here)

3 comments:

Collin Kromke said...

I would LOVE a place like this to run in the winter. The dreadmill sucks, and indoor tracks are all turns and too hard on the knees.

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty sweet deal, far better than a treadmill. I would be worried about how hard the concrete was on my joints though, that's supposed to be the hardest surface for runners joints.

SueBob said...

I have really been wanting to check out the Dome Running too...but that is during family time. One of these days I will make it down there. I was wondering how far each lap was...