Saturday, March 29, 2008

I love dogs

I am dog sitting for my boyfriend while he is hitting jackpots in Vegas. (That's what I hope anyway) I love this dog. She's the closest thing to a pet I have since my dogs died. She's a good dog. NEVER goes to the bathroom anywhere other than her own backyard (nice for walks), she's beefy enough to be taken seriously, she loves going for car rides and she loooooves kids. Yup, she's great.

Last night I decided to let her out once more for the night; it was about 9:30. Only a few minutes after she went out she started to bark and howl. Did I mention another good thing about her is that she doesn't bark. Often. I went outside to yell at her. No response; she just kept barking. Ferociously. In the back corner of the yard. In a hunched "I'm going to attack" kind of stance. Fabulous. Did I mention she doesn't like other animals in the yard and has on occasion killed rabbits....maybe an opossum? Eeeew. I feel sorry for me just recounting this tale. Long story short, she wouldn't budge from her post, kept barking and was completely ignoring any attempt to get her to come. I couldn't just walk back and grab her. I think I heard the other animal let out a growl from the other side of the chain link! She wasn't going to get the animal but she wouldn't leave it either. ARG! I was so angry/scared at this point, all I could do was through the remaining snow that I could find at her. It wasn't even a ball so don't go calling the humane society or anything. A few handfuls of snow distracted her and finally, finally, when I called she came and I dragged her butt inside and gave her a good talking too! Kids! Er, I mean Dogs!

Then she threw-up this morning on the bed.

She's great I tell ya.

No comments: