Monday, March 17, 2008

Exciting Times

You know what I just realized? 2008 is going to be a big year for me. I'm going to run my first 1/2 marathon, I'm going to complete my 1st triathlon, I'll be turning 30 for the 1st time, I'm going to go on some kind of great vacation to somewhere at some point. Yes-sir-ee lots of 1st coming up in 2008. Suddenly I am very optimistic and pleased with the prospect of 2008. I can't believe I didn't see all the promising events on New Year's Eve.

I'm back into the part of training that pushes my limits. I love this part. Well I don't specifically love it when I'm actually doing the long runs on the weekend. I love it when they are done. I'm so excited to be running this race in April and I'm looking forward to the challenge because it's gonna be tough. I can imagine the last two miles are going to be rough. But I'll just keep running, running, running. It will be fun. Eventually.

I signed up for an official 1 mile race to test my rabbit like speed. This race is chip timed (weird for a mile I know) so I will know exactly how fast I can run. I picture 10,000 maniacs going all out, speeding down Nicollet Avenue like survival of the fittest and the slowest people get eaten. Plus, they randomly select 400 people to be automatically entered into the 10-mile race I did last October. I don't really want to run it, but I figure this way it's out of my control. If I get picked it was meant to be and I'll do it. If not, I'll volunteer.

Also, what a great week. I love Easter. It is my most favorite holiday. I should dye some eggs. I love everything about Easter except Peeps. I just don't get it. What's so great about Peeps? It should be noted that I also don't eat marshmellows out of the bag. That might explain some of my doubt. Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love Easter. My fave too.

Talk soon,
T

miss petite america said...

easter's my favorite holiday too!

MissAllycat said...

I hate peeps and I DO eat marshmallows out of the bag. It's the weird sugar stuff that I'm not a fan of...