Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A day off

Yesterday I planned to go to the gym for a run. It was almost 40 here but it was overcast and sudden darkness loomed around every minute. Truth be told, it still didn't get dark until 7:30ish but I felt like it was going to get dark and I would get stranded and feel scared. No biggie, I can do 4.5 on the treadmill. It wasn't so long ago I was doing 6. (OK - I did that once, but still) But then I got home about 6 and put in some laundry and had supper. And then I was feeling so good about cleaning up around the place that I didn't want to stop. I did more laundry and cleaned up my room and even read a little. It was a nice evening; a lot was accomplished and it makes me feel better about today that I did some things that I seem to never have time to do (or maybe it's that I don't want to...?) I almost did the dishes even! I piled them all up and then thought......what's one more day. Tomorrow. I mean a girl can only be expected to do so much!

Tonight I know it is going to be a nice night for a run. I knew I waited for a good reason.

Let's talk about Friday though for a minute. Notice that is says 36 and snow!? In my book when it's above 32 that's called rain. Looks like it will be an interesting run on Friday. I'm going to do 8 and it won't be on the treadmill that's for certain! If it does happen to be snowy and/or rainy what can I do? Nothing. If it's raining and you have got to get a run in, you don't stare out the window and hope it clears. You get out there and you do that *$@#&^* run! I stole this quote from Billy Madison and really it's about a dog. So why even worry about the weather.
On a side, side note:
It's important to know the difference between worry and concern. If you are truly concerned about a situation or someone then you can and should do something about it ease your concern. When you worry there is absolutely nothing you can do to alleviate the situation. Concern is being cautious and smart. Worry is futile and consuming. I think I have read one too many self help books.

No comments: