Friday, March 21, 2008

A Christmas Miracle!

3 inches of snow by 8:30 and no end in site. And just in time for the holiday too! Except it's EASTER and mamas gotta run 8 miles. I was just trying to keep myself hyped when I said that you just go out and run. No, you call it a day and do what you can at the gym. It's literally a blizzard out there! On a can't run related note, there is no way I could have run today anyway. I walked 3 miles yesterday in bad shoes. They didn't start out bad of course so I kept going. But I am now the proud recipient of 3 new and very painful blisters. I can't believe I did that. How dumb. Under the blisters is very raw skin so much that it hurts to even walk. Um....can you see the problem I have here? Hurts to walk.....maybe it will hurt less to run since my feet won't be touching the ground as much. Yeah. Sounds about right.

If it would have just been the weather I might have thought, you should be running indoors. If it was just my feet I would have thought, you should push through as much as you can. This whole training has been about taking the setbacks as they come and still trudging on; if I'm honest with myself, the setbacks really aren't that bad. But I did have less then optimal (in my world) conditions. So take the setbacks, but keep your eye on the prize. I'll log those miles yet! Never fear. I don't :)

I'm off to visit family for Easter. Run or no, it's going to be a fabulous weekend!

No comments: