Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Post Overdue

If this were the library my fine would be about $6.40.

I just returned from Las Vegas yesterday. Vegas is too much. Too much glitz, too much money, too many lights, too much stimulation, too many people, too much of the same thing. Too much. Everything in excess and such a waste. At the same time it is beautiful, exciting and entertaining. I think you just need to know your Vegas limit. Here is what I enjoyed about my vacation:

  • Had a great time being with good friends
  • We wined, we dined, we roamed, we laughed, we hugged. It was all good
  • Learned to play a grown up game: blackjack. At a real table
  • And I did good. If it weren’t for the battering I took at the slot machines I might have come out even
  • Laid in the warmth by the pool and read. It was 34 when I got home :(
  • Saw the fountain show at the Bellagio. That has to be the best thing ever. Spectacular. And free!


Thinking about the past weekend one thought comes to mind: Life if good.

Friday I am slotted to give my ice breaker speech to the toastmaster group. I have it half composed in my head already. The subject matter is easy enough; about myself. I’m worried I won’t have enough time to prepare and am once again wondering what I have gotten myself into. I’ve got an idea started hopefully the rest is just the filler.

There is no exercise in my life for at least another day. That will make a good week since I have had time to workout. I feel like a total slug. Maybe I would feel like it was a good rest if I was sick of going to the gym, but I was just getting started again so this break has been most unwelcome. Right now, Thursday is looking good. The good news is, is that I think I spiraled so far down the eating out and no exercise path that I am ready work hard for a goal. I’m pretty sure I found my motivation again. It was at the bottom of a Happy Meal. Next to the toy. I’ll formulate a goal in the next few days.

I need goals. Maybe there had to be a cooling period after my last goal (the run) because I didn’t really seem ready to jump into something else. I have felt like I am in between everything. If I’m not running, what am I doing? I need something to work for. I’ll have to take some time in the next few days and formulate what I am truly interested in attacking next. Maybe time to update the list.

No comments: