Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sunday’s check in a day late

This week I am down 1. No big deal really, I think it was luck and the fact that weight can fluctuate quite a bit on a day to day period. The big challenge will be this week for a number of reasons; thanksgiving, being out of town, happy hour for a co-worker on Tuesday. Let me recap the week.

I did not go to spin class on Wednesday morning. I have yet to conquer that class! It’s getting ridiculous. Just go already! I did go to the gym that evening though. Thursday I didn’t do anything, which because of that I only worked out 4 times this week. And I’m not sure I technically followed the weights twice a week thing either, but I did run 2 miles on a treadmill on Friday night and then did my “tempo” run on Saturday. It was cold. I say “tempo” run because it was just a run. I tried to run at race pace, but then got tired out after the first mile and a quarter. I nailed the warm up and cool down pace though!! :) Saturday was my day to binge. I went out dancing with a bunch of friends and had a BLAST. We danced for about 3 hours straight so that has to count for something right? I did write everything down, but didn’t count calories. Sunday wasn’t that great either, but it’s down in the books. On to a fresh week. I’m already getting more motivated just typing.

This week’s workouts will go like this:
Monday: Speed training for the run and some weights
Tuesday: 6AM yoga
Wednesday: 6AM Spin class??? Could this be the week?
Thursday: 5K

Then I am hoping for a walk on Friday or Saturday to round out the 5 day schedule. I’m not so sure that 31 minute 5k will happen on Thursday, but it’s a goal. A noble goal.

A thought for me to remember: This counts - NOW.

So often I think “Well….I’ll just eat this now because tonight I’ll just have a salad” or “I’ll work out extra hard tonight” It’s much better to take the healthy action NOW rather than put it off because so often it doesn’t happen later either. Live in the present. That’s what I always say. Actually, I never say that, but it should be my mantra.

Have I mentioned how excited I am for Thanksgiving? This is going to be a great holiday season. I can feel it!

No comments: