Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goals

As promised and after much deliberation I have finally come up with my new fitness goals. I want to lose 5 pounds by the end of November; I’ll worry about the other 20 later. How will I accomplish this near impossible feat? Why diet and exercise of course silly! That’s the plan. Actually, I wish that would work for me, but I need a detailed hour by hour plan weekly if I am going to reach this goal. The whole “I’m on a diet” thing doesn’t work for me. I need something to follow. I’m not the best at following my own plans, developed, tested and implemented by me, but I’m going to give it a shot this time because I have tried almost every diet out there (food plan wise) and I know what I like and what is easiest for me to follow. And because it’s not just me. It’s the millions of people who I can only imagine are reading this blog and hanging on my every pound.

Let’s talk food. I need more protein in my diet and less carbs. I decided not to count grams or blocks but instead make a conscious effort to include mostly protein in lunch and dinner and save the carbs for snacks or breakfast. Writing everything down works really well. I’m going to aim for 1200-1400 calories a day with one day that I can go over. I must must MUST drink more water. I can tell I get dehydrated when I work out because that has been lacking from my diet. No soda pop for the rest of the month. I’m not cutting caffine because I just read on MSN (and they know EVERYTHING) that caffine after a workout helps fight skin damage and people are less likely to get skin cancer. The reputable doctors at MSN are good enough for me!

Exercise: Each Sunday (ok – the next two) I will develop a schedule. Since every week changes I find it hard to always make it to the same yoga class. I’m not training for a run anymore so I don’t want exercise to trump everything else in my life. I want to plan exercise around my life for a while. Each weekly goal is 5 workouts a week, two of those being strength workouts.

Rewards:
For writing down each days food for the 1st goal period: Picture frame
For every 5 pounds lost: $50 towards a trip
Goal weight: Take a trip somewhere (TBD)
Side Goal for running the Turkey Day 5K in less than 31 minutes: Pedicure

Since I am a little behind on this week here is how it’s going to go for the remaining days.

Tuesday: 6AM Yoga Class – Done and done!
Wednesday: 6AM Spin Class (1st timer here!)
Thursday: 6AM Yoga Class
Friday: Easy run (2-3 miles) *beginning of Race Ready in 1 Week
Saturday: Tempo Run

Next check in on this subject: Sunday

No comments: