Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Running: An Emotional Rollercoster

Remember the “I’m back baby!” That was short lived. I was back, then my tailbone busted off, then my knee hurt, then it was too cold to go outside, then I got sick, then I had a busy week, then Fidel Castro resigned, then I hit menopause, then excuse, excuse, excuse. Legitimate as some of them are, because I believe you should listen to your body, this whole ½ marathon idea seems like an uphill battle. The bottom line is I don’t doubt that I’ll run it in April, I’m just not sure how ready I’ll be. I guess it’s a little early to push the panic button yet. I still have 8.5 solid weeks of training. Sometimes things don’t work out for runners. If I don’t feel like this was my race, if I’m not satisfied with the training and outcome, I’ll get the next one. I’m still working for this one mind you….my brain and body haven’t quit yet. The positive spin is that even if all 10 weeks of training are the hardest of my life, when I cross that finish line, even if I walk ½ of it, I can say I survived. And therein lies the achievement.

1 comment:

miss petite america said...

8.5 weeks for a half is PLENTY of time.

recoup and recover and get to training girl!