Thursday, October 4, 2007

Who Knew?

I have completed session two of bellydancing and it is SO MUCH FUN!! Who knew it could be so difficult? Bellydancing is like Yoga, like Pilates, like so many things, if it isn’t hard you aren’t doing it right. Sure I could throw my hip and it would be easy, but it wouldn’t be isolated to my hip and I would be using the wrong muscles. Same with the snake arms. I can do about 2 and then my muscles are tired and the rolling motion goes down hill from there. And what is the matter with my left arm?? I can get my right arm to be somewhat fluid with the shoulder roll, but when I do the same on my left it is horribly mechanical and rigid. The teacher says we should get a hip scarf so we can see our movement more defined. I think I’ll save my money; let’s just say I don’t need a scarf to see a jiggle. It’s fun to dance and fun to be silly and the music is great. I should have my bellydancer friend burn me a good disc of music so I can practice at home – with the windows closed of course.

The October workout plan is going well so far. (and yes I do realize it has only been two days) The TC 10 Mile training is in its final week so I have started doing the workouts from Jillian Michael’s book Making The Cut. She is tough! But when I am done my muscles are going to bulge and my stomach is not going to bulge. The routine calls for 4 workouts a week so I’ve got the first two under my belt. The routing will be on a hiatus next week while I am home on vacation but I’m going to try to do some running while there. Oh and speaking of bulging muscles. My, what big hamstrings and quad I have! It’s not that I am bragging – “Look what I did” but more that I am sharing my astonishment. I know what my body was like and every time I see an admirable trait in myself, there is a little bit of shock associated with it because I’m flabbergasted that I, Susan B. Anthony, (name has been changed to protect anonymity) am capable of fitness! Who knew!?

I started back up crocheting the blanket for my cousin again. I am still missing an orange color so I had to skip one part and move on. But I started again, and already I am confused. I should have never gone this long without doing anything because I am afraid I lost it. Well, I guess I’ll have to put in call to the master crocheter herself: Grandma. I’m really good at starting things. Who knew my follow through leave something to be desired? :)

No comments: