Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bedtime Horrors

I had a dream. No, not the MLK Jr. type. A horrible dream type. I feel ready for this race. As ready as I can be. I practice hard, gave it my best, stuck to the plan and feel that I am ready. Last night I dreamt that we were staying at a hotel and on our way to the race line when halfway there I realized I forgot my GPS. I can NOT run without that so I jumped off the bus and had to run back to the hotel. Once there nothing seemed to move. I didn't have the room key so I had to get another one. Once in the room I found my GPS but left without my tag to get a bib number. Somewhere in between I had to go to my aunts house to borrow my cousin's calculus book to do a quick problem. Bizarre. I missed the last shuttle bus and had to run to the start and then realized I left my goo pack things and hydration belt. I think in the end of the dream I new that this race was a lost cause; that I wasn't prepared and wouldn't do well, BUT (and here is the feel good outcome) I was going to run it anyway. I knew I would walk, I knew it would be hard, but I was going to do it anyway. I'm ready.

No comments: