Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Caffinated Lifestyle

I am going to buy a coffee maker. Nay, not just a coffee maker, but a lifestyle. It’s going to be able to make coffee and espresso; programmable, with an auto stop drip in case I need coffee right away. And maybe a coffee grinder. Black. Some stainless steel would be acceptable. See this coffee pot is not just a regular kitchen appliance purchase. It represents much more than that. I have decided to buy it after I complete 2 weeks of 6 AM workouts at the gym. So far I have completed 2 days and only have 6 to go (Friday I am joining Toastmasters so it will work out nicely). The coffee pot represents the kind of mornings I want to have. “We cannot become who we want to be by remaining who we are.” says Eleanor Roosevelt (or somebody wise). So the coffee pot is going to help me become a morning person. One who gets up early to get in a good strength training workout before an 8 hour work day. One who eats her English muffin and sips coffee while perusing a magazine at the table. One who is relaxed, on time and ready for the day. Yup. And all this is going to be mine for $80-$150 depending on the model.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we could get up for 5am "workouts" (and I'm not talking about the gym), then I think you can achieve your quest for the morning life.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was missing out on a lot