Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cooking failures

I'm so discouraged. I've been enjoying cooking meals at home and trying new recipes from magazines and such and new foods. And. *SIGH* It just doesn't always work out. Recipes from magazines and books are so hit or miss it discourages me from trying new foods and recipes.

Like tonight. I made collard greens. With pine nuts, raisins and balsamic vinegar and oil. Collard greens have a strong flavor. I waaaaaaannnted to like them, but I didn't. Same with bok choy. I tried making it, but I don't get it. I forget the exact recipe, but they also have a certain flavor. 2 strikes on the leafy greens that are supposed to be so good for you; I want to like them. I don't know. Maybe I just haven't found the right recipe. Next up is a bunch of kale for dinner tomorrow. I gotta say: there isn't much hope :(

Also, tonight I tried a vegetable medley couscous dish. I can pretty much sum up the experience in one word: BLECH. Again, so healthy: carrots, zucchini, squash, onion. I think it was the saffron I didn't care for. First time using that too. Maybe my buds are too old to try new flavors. My husband said it was good. Anytime I like something he doesn't and vice versa. Good thing because somebody has to eat all the leftovers.

Guess I just have to stick with hamburger helper, chicken nuggets and corn my whole life.

No comments: