Monday, May 4, 2009

Steady as she goes

I've been feeling pretty good about my workouts since I got back from Ireland. I jumped right back in last week running almost 10 miles after 2 weeks of NADA. I did 3.42 on Wednesday with my running group and then 6 on Saturday. The Saturday run was difficult to say the least. Sometimes there are runs where you have to dig deep but your all the more energized for having done that when you finish and then there are those runs where you dig deep, and somewhere along the way find you have hit the bottom. And you still have 2 miles to go. That was this run. I did it with under a 11 minute mile pace, but it was exhausting. I'm pretty sure I lost a little fitness on my break but it will come back. One or two hard runs in between, but I'll get right back where I was.

I was hoping to start biking this week, but since I have decided to do the short course triathlon again in July I figure I've got some time before I need to get serious. I would like to get a ride in soon though just because it's been so dang nice here outside! Swimming has been tons of fun though. I've been to two sessions, but I love it! It's new and it's challenging and....just fun!

This week should be pretty good then. Run, swim, run, swim/run the TC 1-mile, break, run 7 miles.

2 comments:

MissAllycat said...

Let me know if you ever want to bike before (or to) masters swimming! I'm alway looking for someone to ride with...

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose you're headed to Riverfest in a couple weeks?