Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Splish Splash

I'm such a little Joiner Judy lately. I signed up for a swim club on Tuesdays and Thursdays and had my first workout yesterday. Phew. We swim for a whole hour! That's a long time when you have no previous swimming experience except mmmaaaaayyyybeee some half hour training sessions for last year's tri. But it was good. I could feel the heat radiating off my shoulders and arms. Much fun though. And fun to be with a group.

Here is my new perspective on group activities. If you don't like being with people then groups are not for you. Obviously. Or maybe you don't have time. Or the money to join. But if your only excuse is "What if I can't do it" then to that I say "Pish-shaw! Are you a wimp or a warrior?" We all have something to give. All that is required is your best and you will never let yourself down. Even if you never finish with the group, even if you are forever the slowest one. Your out there working just like everyone else. I admit that, now, if I don't want to join a class it's because I know I'll have to work. I know there is no faking it because there are others there doing the same thing. OK, so I'll have to work, but also, I'm destined to have more fun! I'm just getting into the group thing and I like it so far!

I bought a new swimsuit tonight. If I'm going to be swimming twice a week regularly, clearly I NEEDED this. The other one I have is a bit too big, not flattering at all and well, it's old. I got this new one on sale AND it's reversable, so the deal I got there is really unquantifiable. Of course I got a new suit. That's why I dooooo different sports. More shopping! Duh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New suit! Lucky you. See, I should take up sports.