Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wedded Bliss

Truly blissful. Truly. Our wedding day exceeded our expectations in every way! It's still hard to comprehend. Married. I am a wife. I like it. We enjoyed the day so much and I think we threw one heck of a party for everyone to have fun. I can't say enough about how perfect the day was nor how thankful we were to everyone that helped us with that day. People we didn't even know were helping out and I'm sure we'll never know some of the things people did for us. Gifts cannot repay and enough words of thanks cannot be spoken. We'll just continue to love and support our friends and family so they know how much we care. Hopefully we have the opportunities to make the same differences as they did.

Running has been off to a slow start this year. I've been a bit busy. But I managed to get some running in where I can so I don't feel completely lost, I just don't feel like I have my routine down yet. Transition periods can make it difficult to stay focused.

I am starting with a running group tonight through community ed. All women with varying ability. Although, I've found that most people who join running clubs tend to have talent; even though they say open to all levels it usually intimidates the novice runners. Except me of course. I'm usually towards the back of the pack but I still join. Anyway, I'm hoping to get some speed work, intervals, hills...anything that will make me work. My other runs tend to be the usual routine so I want to shake it up a bit.

I'm going to try to be a new runner tonight. These people don't know me or my history so I'm going to pretend like I have never complained a day in my life. Like I always do my best - realizing that my best may vary from week to week. Positive all the way. Zero negativity. Oh, and when they say "Hey, lets try something crazy" I'll say "Alrighty!" and be pleased with the fact that I attempted something new. And most importantly, the word slow will never come out of my mouth. I can run a 5k at about a 10:45/mile pace. Those are the facts Jack. I don't need to judge myself as slow, lest I judge others based on my own beliefs; nor do I need to worry about what others might think. I'm excited for the new me!

1 comment:

miss petite america said...

CONGRATS to the new mr. and mrs!!!!!!