Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unofficial Results

I think I just ran my first sub 30 minute 5k. Unofficially. I ran around Lake Calhoun which is 3.12 so the distance is there, but I didn't have a watch or anything but the sun. But I think this was so because when I jumped out of the car it was 9:43. I waited for about a minute or so for cars to pass, crossed the street and hit the path running. When I stopped at the same spot after the run, waited for a few cars, opened my car door and checked the clock it was 10:15. Sooooo, a 30 minute 5k right???? Right!

Now I need to make it official, but at least I know I can do it. That was my last run and now am off to Ireland!!! That one 30 minute run should be enough to tide me over for the next 10 days right? I probably burned enough calories for the week right? At least I feel good about today!

3 comments:

SueBob said...

Do they not allow running in Ireland? Cuz I think it would be amazing to be able to run there - I love running in new places.

Congrats on the unofficial time, and if you were able to do that on a training run, you can definitely do it in a race...officially!

Irish Cream said...

Congrats on the unofficial 5K time! I agree that you should definitely be able to recreate it in a race environment--how exciting!

Have fun in Ireland! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! I am finally running at @ sub-30 for a 5k and it makes me so happy!! It's the small things...