Thursday, May 1, 2008

MS Walk

This is the second year I am participating with my aunt in the MS Walk (this Sunday). It’s usually a 7-9 mile walk to raise awareness and money for multiple sclerosis. This is my aunt’s 10th year doing the walk!! I believe she started walking when my uncle was diagnosed. Her dedication is inspiring.

There is a fundraising element involved with doing the walk so this year I thought I would extend my efforts to my co-workers rather than just friends and family. I cannot believe the support I received!!! Unbelievable, terrific and unexpected giving from the group I sent an email too. It is so nice to work with people who feel that much social responsibility, or maybe compassion or whatever they feel; it is outstanding.


It really isn’t my success though. Like I said, all I did was send out the email; it’s people who take the time to read the request and then act on it who really make the difference in other people’s lives. All I have to do is walk. I’m very thankful for my job and the people I am surrounded by.

No comments: