Thursday, May 8, 2008

The biggest "Yeah Right!" ever

Last night I had this plan to run to my boyfriends house (literally), feed and let out his dog, go for a 40 minute bike ride (because my bike is in his garage) and then run home. It's only about 1.5 miles to his house from mine so not a big deal it would seem.

I run over, do my chores and hop on my bike headed towards a trail. Nice bike ride. I averaged a pace of about 14.3 I think, although I only went for 30 minutes. It took me 15 minutes out and I figured that it always takes me longer coming back so I thought I would come out with about 35 minutes. I guess the wind was behind me because I made it back in 15. I headed back to my boyfriends house which is a lot of uphill from the trail. Here I go - ready to run home....

YEAH RIGHT!!!

I couldn't feel my legs. And not in the way that they are exhausted and numb, but in the way like I was just jumping on a trampoline and now I can't jump on my own. It seemed like I was trying to run fast, but not really getting anywhere. I only made it a quarter of a mile before I started to walk, and then it seemed like I was going even slower. Well..I mean I was going slower, but it felt really really slow! I thought "Wow, when I finish this triathlon I'll probably read this post and go 'PaaaHahahaha!! Remember when I couldn't even run half a mile after a bike ride' hmmm....good times". Yup. That's what I'll think.

I finally made it home with running/walking. Towards the end I was able to run more and more it just took some getting used to. Part of the problem I had I think was because I have been sick with an bothersome cold for the past 2 days. When I got home, my lungs felt like I had just run hill repeats. They were pretty worn out. Don't get me wrong, had I been 100% I'm sure it still would have gone down like that, but maybe I would have had a little better results. I decided not to count the 3 miles I ran, but also not be worried if I don't make the 15 this week.

No comments: