Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tough road ahead

Ug. I ran two miles last night on the treadmill. I wanted to do 4. Then I was going to do 3.1. Then before I knew it I was cooling down after just 2. I’m still trying to increase my mileage per week, so I will run tonight again, at least a mile, maybe two. On a positive note, because this is the month of positive thinking, it was nice to get to the gym and sweat a little. I lifted weights afterwards and that always makes me feel stronger almost instantly. And I stretched really well afterwards. I can tell I am starting to get tight. Might be time to incorporate some yoga into my weekly routine just to keep things nice and rubbery.

Tenacity: Persistant Determination.

I just thought I would throw that in there because I was thinking how difficult it is going to be for me to get in shape to run 10 miles again. Lots. But that’s ok……..

Cuz she’s got TEN-ACITY,
walks with TEN-ACITY,
talks with TEN-ACITY…..

And that’s all of the song that I know (replace tenacity with personality). Maybe I’ll start singing that to myself along with the ever popular motivator “Just keep running, running, running, running…” (from Finding Nemo replace running with swimming) for running hills.

Snow Report:
I had such an awesome time snowboarding this weekend that it’s all I can think about. When can I do it some more?? My lessons start next week, once a week for three weeks. I hope that this will help me practice things outside my comfort zone. I’m finally to a point where I want to keep trying until I get good. Before it was an effort to talk myself into going down one more time. I think that it because it was mostly work to snowboard. Now it is turning into fun.

I’ve got to refer to my list and see what’s up for February. It’s almost time to pick a new focus. J

No comments: