Friday, January 25, 2008

Admittance of Guilt

I feel guilty today. Here's why:
  1. I didn't run last night as I had planned. I could give you several good excuses, but that doesn't change the fact that I didn't run last night. I can't be skipping runs like this just because it's pre-training. It's going to matter later when I have to start logging some serious miles.
  2. I ended the evening at Old Chicago with a small plate of nachos and a 1/4 of a personal pan pizza AFTER a salad at Champps and two buffalo strips after work. I didn't need that late night snack. It was a social thing and it was just something to do rather than nourishment I needed. The positive is that I did have a salad earlier. But eh. Hardly seems like justification.
  3. This morning I started with a scone that I had about 1/4 of and didn't like then threw away. Then I had a bagel at work. I still wasn't really hungry enough to eat either of these items, but the worst part is that really twists the guilt knife is that Neither of these were what my body was craving. I don't know what my body was craving, it seemed to be apathetic like I wasn't hungry enough to care. But one think I do know is it wasn't craving carbs :( I've been trying to really focus on satisfying what I need rather than what I want and I knowingly blew it this morning.

The point of this is to remind myself that I don't like when I do the above things because then I feel guilty. I think the next step here is to say "OK - remember how you feel after doing 1, 2 or 3 and make a better choice next time." So here is the post to help me remember and now I am going to continue the day with a better attitude and let go of the guilty feelings I have been having because I will have many opportunities to make good choices and can feel good about them.

No comments: