Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Alive and Well

Just a quick update that I am alive and well. My uncle called last night to ask if I was dead because I hadn't posted since January 1st. I've been too busy out living life man, rather than rehashing my comings and goings!! I didn't call him back yet, but he knows that no news is good news. That's funny - haha.

OK - Not true, maybe I just haven't been inspired. Today I signed up for the Earth Day ½ Marathon in April. I got brand new running shoes, I have completely forgotten what Gu and Shot Blocks taste like, not to mention how I nearly collapsed the first 10 mile run I did, I got new tunes and some new winter running clothing. All I can remember is how much it ROCKED running across the finish line in October. The first week of training won’t start until mid February and I will need to run 6 miles that weekend for the long run. Can I run 6 miles now? Judges are shaking their head in doubt. I’m gonna start waaaaaay back at going for two miles and build from there. Will I be able to run 13 miles in April? I’m nodding my head and smiling and 4 out of 5 judges are agreeing. But one mile at a time. First things first and that includes running 2-2 milers and 3 this weekend. I was hoping to go outside but since it is supposed to be 7 (degrees. literally) I think I might pass and try the treadmill for every run this week.

Another quick update is that the blanket for the cousin is starting to look like a real blanket. Now all I have to do is tie in 24 little triangles, 4 corners, about 20 rows in the middle and 4-5 rows around the whole thing. I already explained to her that her Christmas present would be a little late and she understood that I was putting a lot of effort into this and she would be getting something very special. Still, she probably expected it before her 18th birthday. I'll try to post a picture. I have been meaning to send one to Grandma anyway.

No comments: