Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Success

After what seemed like 2 hours of dreaming that I had overslept and thinking of excuses why missing my workout was justified and tossing and turning, my alarm went off at 5:15. Ugh. As I prepared to get out of bed I had one thought “You will be glad you did this later.” Much, much later. Out of bed, I still didn’t feel good about it. Walking outside to my car when it was at least 5 below zero didn’t change my mind either but I kept waiting for the moment of gratitude. Wait for it. Any minute you’ll be glad you did this. Yeah right. I waited all morning. After 15 minutes straight minutes of ab work (and I mean straight – no breaks or pauses or nothin’!) I was tired. Then we just ran, then we did lunges and squats and then I had to drag some lady around the room with her pulling me back with a resistance band. Then we did circuit training. Of course I get paired up with Jillian Michaels’ twin. Try keeping up with that. It was a lot of work for that early in the morning and I was getting skeptical that I would ever be glad I did it. I’m at work and tired and I guess this is as good as it gonna get. I’m sorta glad I did it. I mean I’m not going to make a habit out of it. Actually, I didn’t really like it that much at all. But, if necessary, I guess I will reluctantly do it again. The accountability thing worked though. As I said, I was having nightmares about how to explain that I overslept. Anyway, maybe I’ll feel really really grateful over a beer and a dog tonight at the basketball game.

No comments: