Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up Part 2: Photography

I reaaaalllly  want one of those SLR cameras.  But I really want a lot of things.  And the fact that I say "one of those SLR cameras" without having any idea exactly what kind of $1000 camera + lens I want doesn't make me feel, deep down, like I should be running out to purchase one just because I reaaaalllly want it.

What I should be doing is research and learning.  Learning how to use the features that my camera already has and researching what kind of SLR camera I want.  I haven't gotten too far on the research part.  But I did take a stab at using my camera to see what I could get.  Here's some of the highlights of the past few months.

This is my darling cousin who wears pink glitter shoes, picks grandma's flowers behind her back and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has to have her purple purse.

Here is two variations of the same picture.  I was pleased with my artistic prowess :)  This is from a weekend in early September when we go pick my grandma's apple tree.  That's grandma.

 Here is one of my cousin beating up a girl at his Brown Belt Ceremony.  She looks utterly terrified!
And this one of him sparring with his teacher.  Or dojo or sensay or whatever.

The karate shots, not that you could tell, were tricky.  Because a the lighting was all wrong for autofocus.  I adjusted that all my myself!  Ok - I picked the incandescent light setting, but still, I had to knooooowww to pick that.  Also to get the good action shots I used the multi-shot setting.  I got probably about 25 with my cousin and instructor and a few of them were perfect!  That was slick.

I feel that my shots in general have been improving.  I've been looking at  a lot of baby pictures online because I want to capture that perfect, creative photo of our child to put on the announcements.  I've been noticing lighting, angle, backgrounds, poses....just trying to do what I can to identify what I like about a photo so I can recreate it.  What I usually like most about each photo is just the baby.  I'm ready to see our baby!!

No comments: