Friday, April 9, 2010

Workouts abound

This week working out has been good.

Monday: 30 minute walking intervals on the treadmill - what a workout for walking! We started at an incline of 5 @ 3.5mph and every minute increase the incline by 1 up to 15 and then back down. 3 times. Except I only did up to 10 and back down twice. Then we did about 5 minutes of abs.
Tuesday: 30-40 minutes of kettle bells. My friend is teaching me the way of the bell. It's fun.
Wednesday: 20 minutes on an elliptical, 5-10 minutes of abs, 1 hour of kickboxing at night
Thursday: 20 minutes of kettle bells, about 30 seconds of abs. We were beat. 2 hours of shopping in the evening.

For week one we did pretty good. I'm sore all over today. Kind of petered out towards the end, but we worked out at 6AM every day. We did something at least. Next week I sense greater success!

The only somewhat sad part is that I didn't run at all. I was busy most nights so wasn't able to get out. I'll run on Saturday and/or Sunday. I've enjoyed my no-goal-oriented running. That's why I'm only somewhat sad that I didn't run. All the other workouts were fun and good.

I'd like to go to this class called STRIKE on Monday nights at the gym, I'd like to incorporate at least 1 weekly yoga session, the perfect amount would be to run 3X a week, I'm interested in the kickboxing I did on Wednesday - doing that once a week, continuing with the 6AM workouts is a must, an occasional spin class would be fun and I'd like to get back to the abs workout class on Saturdays or Sundays. Oh and swimming - one or two sessions of swimming would be fun! And bike riding; I like to bike ride. And that's it. Obviously all of that is NOT going to happen. So how do I schedule it all, or plan for it all to happen occasionally? I guess I have to prioritize and rank. Like spin, STRIKE, swimming might only be a once a month kind of thing.

The most important thing is that I have a positive outlook towards working out again. That's a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go getting back into the swing of things! I'm not a work-outer but I pay attention to how much I'm eating and fell off that wagon... I need to get back into the swing of things too. Hopefully good reports by the time I see you!