Monday, April 5, 2010

Onward and upward

I was in somewhat of a time crunch on Saturday so I ran a little over 4 miles instead of 5. My goal for next weekend will be to make it around 2 lakes. This morning I went to the gym before work and it felt really good. A person really does motivate themselves by doing. If I were to sit around and wait for the motivation to strike, I'd probably still be sitting. Over the past 4 months I have attempted countless times to start a new regimen, only to "seriously this time" start again the next week. I feel like I've been trying to stand up after lounging in a super cushy papasan chair or something. I tried to hoist myself up and out so many times, and many times when I fell back in I just thought - OK, I'll rest up and attempt to get out later. Other times I would try several times in a row, only to fall back into the cushion in frustration.

I feel like I finally made it out of that chair though. So that's the struggle with motivation. You just have to keep pushing and pushing and believe that one day you will get out again. I just keep thinking it's not over yet. I'm only a quitter when I quit trying.

No comments: