Friday, April 2, 2010

It's going

Monday: ran 3 miles
Wednesday: Walked Lake Calhoun
Thursday: ran Lake Calhoun

Saturday: Run 5ish miles

I am pleased. Not tickled, but content. It's not easy, but I just keep reminding my self to enjoy. Enjoy the outdoors, enjoy running and the sites. Just have fun. Because if I don't have fun, I get tired and think about how far back I am and how I just want to be faster, better, stronger. Instead, just be. As I am just doing, just be. And that is going well.

I can't remember the last time I just exercised simply because it felt good. For the past 3-4 years I've had a goal. To run this race or that event. When I first started to lose weight I exercised for weight loss. Then I had goals. But what about running because I just like it. I just want to. I have enjoyed running these past years or I would have stopped long ago, but still - there has always been a goal. So in the tradition of letting go, not being afraid to lose, I'm just running and exercising focusing on the feel good aspect of it. For the sheer enjoyment.

This is not easy. I don't always WANT to go to the gym or go running. But I'm trying to remain focused on why I am doing these things. Goals are great. They give you the extra nudge you need to keep going. Don't give up on goals. I'm not. I'm just trying a new angle. Which, when I think about it is just another method to keep me going.

Serioulsy though, did the change the distance around Lake Calhoun? What is it, 3.5, 3.8 miles around now? I don't remember it EVER taking me 38 minutes to run it. But it did yesterday. Huh. No change? It's me? Huh.

No comments: