Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another personal best - 19 miles!

"Look to the heavens, you can look to the skies.
You will find redemption staring back into your eyes.
There is protection and there's peace the same,
burnin' your ticket for that long black train."

Today's 19 miles was uneventful - just how you want it to be. I do feel better after getting this run in the books, and I feel like I'm gonna be ok. I'm still surprised at how one can run even when things start to hurt as bad as they do.

We started out at a great pace and walked about every 10 minutes, which really helped later on in the run. I think I should of had 4 gels instead of 3 and I am going to need to eat real food on race day during the run. I think maybe a rice crispie bar. I just need something sitting in my stomach.

I tested out my race day outfit and it worked pretty well. Found out all the body glide spots that will need it. There aren't too many. In general, I'm not prone to a lot of chaffing. I'm more The Princess and The Pea type. I bruise like a peach. I wore my hydration belt and I feel like I got punched in both sides of my waist where the water bottles kept banging on my hips. I'm sure I'll have two lovely bruises there tomorrow.

Sleep is the only thing on my mind right now. But while everything else about me is worn out, I have a renewed outlook on running that everything is gonna be ok.

3 comments:

SueBob said...

Wow, that is exactly how I felt after my long run this weekend too! I finally felt like I really could do this marathon thing. Good luck to you in the rest of your training...

Golb said...

life is as much about pain as it is about joy; It is only love that can bridge the gap between.

Anonymous said...

Dana and I laughed out loud at the Princess and the Pea bit. I'm still catching up on your blog. I totally love ya!