Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grey Skies Are Gonna Clear Up

Put on a happy face
Wipe of the clouds and cheer up
Put on a happy face

Take of the gloomy mask of tragedy
It's not your style
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
That you decided to smile

Pick out a pleasant outlook
Stick out that noble chin
Wipe off that full-of-doubt look
Snap on a happy grin

Spread sunshine all over the place
And just put on a happy
Put on a happy face

~The Supremes

I can't take the pressure of trying to "catch up" on mileage, so I've decided to wipe the slate clean. I'm starting fresh with Training Week 3 as it was intended to be done. 3-3's and a 6. Except that with my lasik happening this week, I might need to rearrange, but I'm not worried. I'll get the running in. I might have a tough time going 6, but I think if I take it at a comfortable pace I'll make it. Well of course I'll make it. When I say 6 I mean 6. Even if I have to walk for a mile. I'll cross 6. It's got to be like that with every long run. You just gotta do it. One of my biggest fears is knowing my limits. I was thinking last night on my run that what's gotta happen, what you gotta do to safeguard against that is when you think you have reached your limit, when you don't think you have any left, that's when you go farther. Just a little. It's important to keep yourself pushing for more. But don't forget to recognize accomplishment!!!

1 comment:

*jen* said...

I just checked out those surfing sites you left on my blog. They both look fantastic, particularly the Las Olas one. I especially love the idea of all women camps...I think I'd feel a lot less intimidated.

I'm going to have to bookmark those for when I have more $$$. :) Thanks for sharing.

I hope your lasik surgery goes well this week and I agree about it being important to keep pushing yourself. As much as I believe it though, I have a hard time applying it sometimes.